October 16, 2013

Okay, so now to get back to posting again. This has been a very fun filled year for us. Lots of traveling and visiting with family and friends. We went down to California for a couple weeks and got all of us Davis kids together for the first time in two years. It was a lot of fun hanging out and making memories. Joe and I went on a camping trip to Pine Crest by ourselves while we were down there. We had a lot of fun eating MRE's and roasting marshmallows.



 This year I was able to get assigned to the Base Honor Guard temporarily to perform funerals and color guard details. It was a really big honor to be able to serve families of fallen heros. I also was able to put in for cross training to become a SERE specialist. SERE is an acronym for Survival, Evasion, Resistance, Escape. Which in the broadest paintbrush after training I will be teaching Aircrew members how to camp with nothing (and I'll get paid to!!). We spent the Fourth of July with the Soward's at Freedom Fest '13 on Fort Lewis,WA

Jeremy Sowards and I with our sons at Freedom Fest '13
Well, September 27th came again this year and the Davis family kept up the tradition of camping on Carrie's and my birthday. This year we went to Mt. Rainier National Park. It was a bit cold and wet but, it was fun. The timing was great because about three days later all National Parks were closed.





Then about a weeks ago we got to let everybody we know that we are expecting another child from God. Carrie is about four months along and due April 4th. Which brings us to the present and future to talk about. Paige is hanging with us till we go down to California for Thanksgiving. It has been a lot of fun having her around and she has been a big help with Steven. For the first time in three years we are going to celebrate Thanksgiving down in California. So, you are now caught up on what has been going on at the LazyDRanch. TTFN 

No comments:

Post a Comment