January 18, 2013

Well, these past couple months have been filled with relaxing and sorrows. But, isn't that always the case. God gives us these oasis in the desserts, for us to rest and regain our "His" strength. We had a wonderful time down in California; as you can tell by the previous post. It had it's busy times but, all in all it was great to meet up with people again. This month has ushered in a new year as well as new trials. On Jan 4th we remembered the life of a great man and my hero; my Father. We also celebrated the 3 year anniversary of my enlistment into the United States Air Force (only 17 more years till retirement). As busy as this month has been it is far from over. Before the end we will be celebrating my oldest sisters 24th B-day!!! And then comes another solemn day remembering my Father's death. It seems to be hitting me harder this year then even the first year. I think maybe it is because Steven will never get to be "hog-tide" by his Grandfather and his Father as well as he will never get to sing the Bear song with Dad. I'm not sure what the future holds but, I know with God's help I will make it through. A quote my Father used a lot was from the classic movie "Fievel Goes West" "If growing up were so easy, would it take so long?" It is so true to. Well, it's getting late so I'm going to sign off. Talk to y'all later. 

1 comment:

  1. Glad you guys had a wonderful time in Cali. Hope we can both meet up there sometime in the future. Love you guys and I miss Dad too!

    ReplyDelete